Saturday, December 8, 2012

drink this...








Now what?


This thing I once craved
I begged
I hoped
I wished and dreamed

The sunrise, every morning at 6:30am
Like a cup of adrenaline
Pure and concentrated

Do I ball it up, placing it in my pocket?
Shall I turn away?
Or is it possible, could it just be…

This thing I once craved
I begged
I hoped
I wished and dreamed

A rounded expression upon my face
It is unrecognizable
Unintentional and disturbing
I am naked in the deep woods-
Searching for a rock to sit upon
And ponder how the fuck I got here.

Why don’t the blue birds sing to me-
And where are the butterflies?
The dark, anomalous shadows
And the sound of footsteps surround me
My compass lost in between milk and vodka-
It’s time to close my eyes
And feel the cold water fill my lungs

This thing,
You know, this thing I once craved
I begged
I hoped
I wished and dreamed…






No comments:

Post a Comment