What happens when you ignore your blog for a couple of weeks because of, well, life? Why you are nominated for the Liebster Award, of course. Thanks so much barmybookwormsittingontheshelf @ http://abarmybookwormsittingontheshelf.blogspot.com/ Your consideration is very generous. It is my understanding that I need to come up with 11 facts about me then to answer your 11 questions and then generate 11 questions of my own to 11 new nominees of my choice. Okay, I think I have it however what's up with the obsession over the number 11?
Questions from barmybookwormsittingontheshelf:
1. What do you get from your blogging?
Interaction with other avid readers/writers.2. What makes good reading for you?
Something thought provoking, humorous with a touch of eccentricity and it's a no brainer if I find myself withholding from bathroom breaks to continue reading.3. What makes you want to share good reading with others?
The need to discuss the book therefore keeping it alive.4. Which books do you think everyone should read, at least once in their lives?
With many apologies I will answer: Moby Dick, Jonathan Livingston Seagull, The Art and Zen of Motorcycle Maintenance, Jane Eyre, a Sue Grafton novel, Hamlet, and then Hamlet again, Anne Rice's vampire series, The Good Earth... 5. Which author would you like to/would you have liked to have met, and why?
Hemingway so we can discuss the process of revising.6. What's the most challenging book you've ever read, and why?
Far From Madding Crowd-the detailed descriptions!7. What's the funniest book you've ever read, and why?
Still Life with Woodpecker8. What's the best book-to-film adaptation you've ever seen?
Zeffirelli's Romeo & Juliet9. Has any book ever inspired you, and why?
All of them in some shape or form.
10. Do you stop reading books you don't like? Or keep going regardless to the end?
I typically stop.11. Do you get rid of books you've read? Pass them on to others? Or fill up your home with them till there's no more room for you?
All of the above.
Random facts about me:
1) I have four children.
2) Vanilla ice-cream is the best.
3) I enjoy making wreaths
4) I hate my middle name.
5) My poems have been published.
6) I work out.
7) I hate working out.
8) My favourite drink is grey goose & orange juice
9) I'm currently writing my first novel
10) I care for our 3 dogs, 1 cat, 2 ferrets, fish & a greek tortoise
11) I have a BA in writing from the University of Pittsburgh
Okay, questions for my 11 nominees:
1.) What is your current profession and do you enjoy it?
2.) What genre do you like to read?
3.) If you could sit down and have tea with anyone (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
4.) Why did you start blogging?
5.) What book(s) would we find on your nightstand and how long have they been there?
6.) If you could revise any book which would it be?
7.) Share your favourite quote.
8.) What inspires you to write your blog?
9.) How did friends/family react when you told them about your blog?
10.) If you could how much would you charge people to view your blog?
11.) Who cultured your love of literature?
And my eleven nominees are (drumroll):
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.